General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for an Audiovisual / Video Teleconferencing (AV / VTC) Systems Programmer supporting our Regional Support Center in SWA at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. This position requires someone with a current and active Secret clearance.
The role supports the US Army in Kuwait including day-to-day setups of videoconferences and videoconference bridge operations. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, suitably experienced, qualified, and able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organization. Majority of time is spent on videoconference setup and operation, answering the help line, and performing Scheduler duties.
•Responsible for programming the Crestron and Vaddio control systems, to include the design, installation, and continuing support of graphic touch panel interface layouts based on customer requirements
• Knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections
• Responsible for audio visual systems management Policy, Procedures, and current architectures.
• Takes an active role in the design and installation of small to large-scale AV systems to include: video teleconferencing, sound systems, lighting, displays, and Command-and-Control operation centers.
• Works with the engineering staff to develop and maintain network requirements, architectures, and designs. Understand how programming cause/effect impacts the overall audio visual systems
• Establish templates, and program to intuitive user interfaces
• Documenting and maintaining operations, network development, and maintenance processes and procedures
• Support AV programming, audio design, digital signage, communications, data, and control systems with existing and new AV control systems
• Assist in troubleshooting hardware cabling and components in addition to touch panel programming
• Conduct user training, provide status briefs to manager, and assist in development, update and maintaining SOPs and operational guides on AV systems.
• Provide initial troubleshooting regardless of IT system/device or network and/or service provider.
• Audio Visual/VTC Programmer will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
• Support a medium base of deployed audio-visual multimedia (AVMM) systems by performing perfective and corrective programming for Crestron devices.
• Program devices with Crestron SIMPL Windows, a programming language based on C/C++.
• Debug and test fixes to operational problems with AVMM systems.
• Debug and test changes to AVMM systems.
• Maintain software configuration Management of deployed code
• Willingness to travel out of state for installation projects.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
The Ideal Candidate will have:
#GDITPriorityWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.