***POSITION IS SHORT TERM***
GDIT is hiring an experienced Clinical Research Nurse to join our team in support of our client Navy Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD) in California.
“From the original tent dispensary established in 1914 to the modern facility of today, Naval Medical Center San Diego's (NMCSD) mission has remained constant: provide the finest medical care in a family-centered environment to military service members, their families and those who served in the past”
- Conduct patient interviews, patient recruitment, enrollment, and verify patient eligibility for clinical investigative studies.
- Observe patients after administration of study medication for adverse events.
- Take and properly record vital signs, performing venipuncture and specimen collection and processing.
- Complete case report forms, maintain up-to-date research logs, schedule appointments, prepare patient recruitment letters, and various other study correspondence as required.
- Educate patients about clinical research protocols, study requirements and expectations.
- Adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to ensure consistent practice in patient care management.
- Monitor on-site study sites to meet with, assist and consult with study investigators.
- Recruit and schedule all study site personnel as required.
- Ensure compliance with subject consenting and reporting of adverse events and side effects.
- Track the expenditures for all study-related activities, including supplies and equipment.
- Create study documents, including protocols and amendments thereof, consent forms, data collections forms.
- Provide inputs to final reports that document the research findings for human use protocols including, but not limited to those listed above.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline preferred OR
- Associates Degree and 4 years of clinical research experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in scientific research and analysis.
- 2+ years of clinical research experience (human subjects).
- Possess current clinical competence within the past 2 years
- Experience coordinating human research protocols within the past 2 years.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a favorable NACLC T3 security investigation prior to start date.
- Possess a current unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice as a nurse in any of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Territory of Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Certification as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or
- Possess current certification in American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross (ARC) Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.