Candidate will perform security analysis of audit logs and other artifacts of a networked computer system. Work will involve reviewing audit logs for evidence of system abuse or tampering, examining computer system for security vulnerabilities, providing recommendations for strengthening system security, and briefing customer and management on various IT security topics.
Required and Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the IT security field
- Experience reviewing all computer server audit logs
- Understanding of computer networks and cyber security
- Experience applying cyber security practices in real-world environments
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
- Cyber experience in packet filtering and modification mechanisms
- Practical experience assessing OpenVPN, IPSec, and other tunneling protocols
- Some hands-on experience with network logging and monitoring tools such as Cisco FirePower Services, SPLUNK, and other security monitoring tools
- Some experience configuring SPLUNK, managing data indexing, and scripting searches for dashboard implementations
- Proficiency working in Linux environment – CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora
- Experience investigating cyber hacking incidents
- Experience with cyber forensic tools
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.