An ideal candidate would be highly motivated and able to work in an independent role reporting directly to the federal client. The SCA should understand industry security control standards (NIST) and how they relate different enterprise technology platforms. The candidate must be able to confidently support evidence validation as part of a final security plan review.
- Validate management, operational, and technical security controls as part of the continuous monitoring assessment plan for all major systems.
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders’ detailed information around schedule, scope, required documentation, security objectives, risks/vulnerabilities, and remediation actions.
- Review test results and provide independent Q&A and validation of results. Manage risks by providing formal and information risk assessments and facilitate plans of action and milestones (POA&M) management.
- Conduct ad hoc validation on an as-needed basis to assist with closing open POA&Ms’ or vulnerability remediation.
- Collaborate with agency officials and stakeholders’ to facilitate meetings to address event driven triggers around system risks.
- Understand FedRAMP requirements/regulations, cloud technology stacks, and translate 3PAO results into agency RMF methodology.
- Review system security controls (managerial, operational, and technical) to determine applicability against federal requirements (e.g., NIST SP 800-53)
- Document POA&Ms’ s for corrective action following assessment activities and in response to identified vulnerabilities
- Security+ required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.