Cyber Security Analyst
Core Hours: 9 am – 3 pm
Location: Tysons, VA
Clearance: Must be able to obtain FSP.
Job Description Summary
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 2-4 years of experience
- Provide vulnerability analysis and reporting on accredited information systems.
- Experience in scanning information systems using scanning tools such as Nessus, AppDetective, WebInspect.
- Strong writing skills to create documentation such as SOPs, internal process documents and input into cyber policies that support the continuous monitoring of accredited information systems.
- Coordinate with information system POCs for plan updates and mitigation strategies to ensure overall health of IT systems, networks and applications.
- Experience with architecture design, system and network analysis, vulnerability and risk assessments, and security assessment of hardware and software.
- Perform some manual data aggregation and normalization tasks until automated solutions are developed.
- Strong understanding of cloud environments and assessing systems within cloud environments focusing on security posture.
- Experience with continuous monitoring and plans of actions and milestones (POA&Ms).
- Recommend new capabilities and efforts to improve the effectiveness of the continuous monitoring program.
- Understanding of NIST 800-53, 800-137 and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.