General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Project supports the IT engineering team of a major federal customer providing security services including cyber incident response, threat analysis and security operations support.
The Cyber Security Engineer will provide technical expertise working independently and/or with other engineers. The primary area of responsibility will be evaluating, integrating, and deploying new cybersecurity tools and capabilities. The individual will evaluate new security technologies and make appropriate recommendations to ensure technical assessment capabilities remain current.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber security in the domains of security operations, security architecture, framework and standards, governance, and threat intelligence.
This effort will require a skilled Systems Engineer in order to facilitate the implementation of industry standardized and consistent processes in support of systems integration and project management.
Highly desired skills
· Experience with IDS/IPS products (Ex: Snort, Suricata, Cisco, ISS, McAfee)
· Experience with network devices and boundary protections (Ex: Cisco Switching, Firewalls)
· Experience with Packet Capture & Inspection technology (Ex: RSA Security Analytics, Netwitness, Moloch)
· Experience working with Automated Dynamic Malware Analysis tools (FireEye)
· Experience with Information and Event Management technology (SIEM, Splunk, Syslog, RSyslog)
· Experiencing supporting Accreditation and Authorization process. Mitigating compliance audit and vulnerability findings.
· Experience working with Hypervisor and Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper, Red Hat)
· Experience with Domain Service and Central Service management and deployment (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, NTP)?We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.