GDIT is seeking a DevOps Lead to oversee and lead DevOps activities of systems migrations projects and will be responsible for the automation and configuration management of the stable environments.
- The DevOps Lead is responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of both code and data in order to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks. He or she guides the automation of the business’s data pipeline from the internal database servers.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer will: Be tasked with the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites systems and software.
- Spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintains configuration management and automation tools.
- Advise and train on DevOps and how to build processes where dependencies are represented clearly in code.
- Play an operational role by troubleshooting issues in development systems, while also being responsible for the architecture and technical leadership of the entire DevOps infrastructure.
- Enable automation of configuration management of all development, quality assurance, and production servers as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Be in charge of designing, building, and optimizing comprehensive automation systems that operate data infrastructure platforms.
- Design scaling strategies and develops automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamlining, implementing, and testing sites/software.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in in Computer Science or any other relevant field. An equivalent mix of education and working experience may be considered for this position.
- 10 or more years experience
- Must have at least seven years of related experience with systems administration and application development, demonstrating experience with DevOps.
Extensive experience in each of the following areas:
- Continuous integration & continuous deployment.
- Infrastructure-as-code based configuration management.
- Amazon Web Services environment.
- Agile Development environments.
- Creating and maintaining design and network documentation.
- Understanding of systems and network architecture.
- Working with cross-functional teams (users, developers, product managers), in both Build and Delivery functionalities.
- Breaking down complex problems into understandable and iterative solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience automating the managing large-scale infrastructure and have significant familiarity with Puppet. The candidate will have had vast experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience using Jenkins and Linux as well as experience configuring and automating monitoring tools.
- Experience in software development and experience working with tools and languages such as MySQL, SaaS, Git, Python, Shell scripting, Java, and MongoDB.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems
- Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Juju,
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.