Uses knowledge of architecture, sites, Collections Distribution points, SCCM database, Windows Server Active Directory, MDT deployment technologies, utilization of change management/change control processes and procedures; install, configure, and utilize MS SCCM and other patching tools to deploy/patch software packages to thousands of desktop workstations, laptops, and servers. Support software deployment, patch management, operation system deployment and imaging (Microsoft Windows 10) creation and sustainment. Create Advertisement/Collections/Packages/Applications within an SCCM. Deploy upgrades using Operating System Deployment (OSD) in SCCM. Provide reporting with Systems Management Center Server or SCCM and the SCCM database. May create scripts to automate installation of desktop applications using VBScript and PowerShell.
- Develops technical solutions for the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures. Provides interpretation to systems matters that are moderately complex in nature.
Provides troubleshooting support for system hardware and software issues that are highly complex in scope.
Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and software.
Performs advance software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
Applies advanced knowledge in monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
Provides guidance to less experienced personnel on workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
Leads data/media recover-ability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
Conducts advanced to complex hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users. Uses extensive independent judgement and is unsupervised.
Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Manages large projects with limited oversight from manager.
Evaluates and assesses existing systems and plans long-term strategies.
May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
Minimum Education Required:
- BS or BA degree in a Cyber security, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, or relevant IT discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) years’ of experience with patch management disciplines and protocols to include comprehensive knowledge of specific patch management tasks.
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of hiring)
Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.