Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The H-60 team is seeking an Electronics Technician to join GDIT’s NAVAIR aircraft modification wiring harness shop. This position is located in New Bern, NC.
This position is available as part time, casual (no schedule, just work as needed) and offers limited benefits.
You will be responsible for the manufacture, test and troubleshooting of aircraft electrical wiring harnesses, basic electronic parts, components, products, or integrated circuitry for new and existing electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the team as it pertains to engineering changes made to NAVAIR aircraft.
- Develop project specifications to assist in determining design approach and parameters to move product/system to manufacture or implementation,
- Assist in developing and defining quality standards in accordance with company and contractual requirements,
- Assist in developing qualification test procedures and conducts qualification testing, conduct testing and integration testing for functionality and limits,
- Examine new electronic components and circuits and creates basic prototypes for beta testing and for customer demonstration.
- The Electronics Technician Maintenance III applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes.
- Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- This position may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- High school diploma or GED; formal Electronics training preferred
- US citizenship; Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to start; Active Secret clearance highly desired
- 2+ years of electrical wiring fabrication and electronics experience:
- Expertise in maintenance testing and diagnostic routine designed for radio frequency and/or millimeter wave equipment
- Ability to perform tests and measurements of an electronic/electro-mechanical/computer nature, in accordance with military and commercial standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot related product malfunctions, modify, wire and fabricate devices related to work, as required.
- Ability to understand and perform work outlined by technical directives and electrical engineering drawings, be computer literate and function as a team member.
- NAVAIR aircraft systems DITMCO wiring harness testing desired.
- Avionics bench testing IPC J-STD-001 solder certification is desired.
- Experience in equipment calibration and in a quality assurance role desired.
#cjpost and #cjobs
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.