General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
JOB SUMMARY: The Lead Business Analyst provides analytical leadership; defines and enforces BA standards and uses advanced knowledge of Business Analysis practices and techniques to lead BA teams, define project strategy and approach and quality assures their team members work product.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform in a leadership capacity in medium, large, and highly complex projects while overseeing all Business Analysis Team efforts.
2. Responsible for initiating, scoping and planning all assigned team member’s project initiatives.
3. Leads team in business process analysis, use case documentation, joint application development/design (JAD) sessions and the documentation of user requirement and functional specification/system requirements.
4. Anticipate, quantify and resolve all problems and issues that are requirements related.
5. Govern and ensure project related and enterprise level documents and artifacts are maintained.
6. Responsible for creating project plans and estimates for analysis phases of projects as necessary;
7. Responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings for large scale projects including the elicitation and review of business requirements and specifications.
8. Actively analyzes and makes recommendations for improvement to business processes.
9. Assists with project planning including methods, processes, tasks and schedules.
10. Ability to recognize and apply project management, business analysis and system analysis best practices to fit a variety of situations
11. Perform project manager role on select projects varying in size and complexity as needed. Work with the Project Manager and the project team to develop cost-effective, customer focused solutions.
12. Conduct BA Methodology departmental training sessions.
13. Ability to identify and recommend easily implemented off the off the shelf products vs. new custom in-house solution changes that provide realized benefits.
14. Manage multiple priorities and customer expectations with all stakeholders including IT and business staff. Manage relationships with customers, vendors, project managers, IT and business staff, and all levels of management.
15. Solicit input from business community to determine project scope. Solicit input from developers and other technical staff to determine level of effort required to complete tasks.
16. Assist Project Management in the project scope change management process. Provide support for customer in training efforts for end users and staff members.
17. Act as a mentor and instructor to both junior and senior BA team members.
18. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
19. Ensure compliance with PII, PTI, PHI and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
20. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
This job works under minimal supervision and with considerable discretion to accomplish the job responsibilities. The individual possesses and applies a broad range of knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of the field. This position works independently or as part of a team to improve the relationship between the business and systems teams. The position functions as a team and project lead, mentor and resource to analysts with less experience.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
? Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or 10+ years of Business Analyst experience. Graduate Degree preferred
? Minimum 7 years experience in analysis and design on software development projects in a Lead Business Analyst and/or Business Analyst role.
? Experience in healthcare insurance business or healthcare policy preferred.
? International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
? Knowledge and comprehension beyond system requirements to include customers, their interactions, external forces and other relevant factors and elements affecting behaviors.
? Knowledge of business principles and best practices common to healthcare and healthcare policy organizations in the industry.
? Knowledge and comprehension of competitive forces shaping the healthcare/managed care industry.
? Knowledge and comprehension of the business architecture of the organization being analyzed including business models, structure, relationships between business units and key stakeholders of those units.
? Extensive knowledge and application in Business Process Modeling (BPMN, UML).
? Extensive knowledge and application of Business and System Use Cases.
? Knowledge and application of multiple software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and understanding of all stages of project life cycle process
? Knowledge of different styles of learning and ability to adjust communication style accordingly (visual, auditory, etc.).
? Ability to identify and clearly articulate when a solution meets goals and objectives and the ability to communicate and address the converse (when a solution does not meet requirements).
? Ability to communicate to stakeholder’s rationale for decisions made and possible outcomes for those decisions.
? Ability to identify and recommend easily implemented off of the shelf products vs. new in-house custom solution changes that provide realized benefits.
? Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with members of Senior Management.
? Ability to professionally challenge decisions and/or or strategies made by project team as appropriate.
? Ability to motivate cohesive teams enabling achievement of shared goals and objectives.
? Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
? Ability to manage a team of BAs and their multiple projects simultaneously including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of team member's priorities as business needs dictate.
? Ability to recognize and apply project management, business analysis and system analysis best practices to fit a variety of situationsWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.