Description: This position provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual. An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
- Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
- Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
- Ensure VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc)
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
- Maintain up to date system documentation for all responsible systems
- Troubleshoot systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests:
- Respond promptly and courteously to engineering requests for assistance, take ownership and ensure resolution of tickets in a timely manner.
- Determine the nature of the problem being reported
- Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
- Document all communication to and from customers
- Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
- Implement plans for deploying new services in a highly available and automated environment
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
- Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
- Mid-level to Senior Linux systems in the areas of system administration, troubleshooting, integration, shell scripting, and development. (i.e. Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintaining DNS)
- Experience with VMWare and supporting a virtual infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
- Experience with any of the following: JIRA, Nagios, Python, Puppet, YUMRpo, Ansible Tower, and/or ILOM
- Experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP)
- Experience with Windows System Administration
Customer Minimal Education/Experience Requirements: High School/GED + 9 years OR Associates + 7 years OR Bachelors + 5 years OR Masters + 3 years OR Doctorate + 1 year.
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, GICSP, or CND.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.