GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Program Manager to lead and oversee elements of a complex, visible and large-scale program. The program will provide Learning Management Solutions to all federal agencies. The overarching philosophy of the program is as a one-stop source for agencies to bring their learning requirements. Agencies will be able to purchase tools, labor or managed services.
The candidate will be responsible for oversight of the entire program to include successful cost, schedule and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
- PgM (with specialized deputies) must lead and oversee all elements of this complex, visible and large-scale program:
- Business Stand-up and Management: Program branding and marketing; customer acquisition,
- Human Capital Support Services: In support of implementations, change management, communications, organizational performance, assessments, and data analytics
- IT Systems Implementation and Integration and Cloud Hosting: Implementation and configuration management of Government acquired COTS LMS, LCMS, as well as other potential learning support software(s); transition from existing COTS and homegrown systems; migration to and hosting from the Cloud; significant security protections and potential new technologies; Tier 1-4 Help Desk Services
- Course Design, Development and Implementation: Mission, technical, leadership, soft skills, COTS and custom; level 1 to level 4; new development, transition from ILT to WBT or to VILT; assessment and evaluation.
- Performs day-to-day management of assigned delivery order projects that involve teams of data processing and other information system and management professionals who have previously been involved in analyzing, designing, integrating, testing, documenting, converting, extending, and implementing automated information and telecommunications systems.
- Meets with clients to gain feedback on team performance and take action to address gaps.
- Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scales, integrated projects.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Direct all phases of the program from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and credibility to meet with senior officials (Agency leaders, OPM, DoD), explain program design and performance, win customers, adapt to changing priorities as needed
- Experience and knowledge of the business of training and learning.
- Experience overseeing large Federal programs specific to training or human capital.
- Business understanding necessary to create and operate a “Business within Government”
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, and 10 + years of overall program management experience in programs
- PMP Certification required, PgMP Certification (preferred)
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- ITIL Foundation or higher
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.