We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team to support National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Information Technology (CIT) project in Bethesda, MD. As a Project Manager supporting CIT, you will manage projects for the Network Services program in CIT. These projects encompass the delivery of wired, wireless and VPN solutions, security solution among other network infrastructure projects.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Oversee financial, personnel, cost and technical performance for the project
- Responsible for managing client expectations and leveraging existing client relationships to develop additional business opportunities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and ensure daily, weekly, and monthly status reports are completed with accurate information
- Manage electronic copies of project management plans and templates in Microsoft Office Project and PDFs
- Document activities in EPLC framework as required for NIH
- Utilize standard project artifacts, schedules, risks, status dashboards, labor hours and other required documents as directed
- Responsible for full project status reporting, creating and submitting weekly project status of non-recurring project tasks
- Meet with Government Program Office to review project status as requested
- Document all projects in process to provide government leads high level overview of projects that may impact each other- Review project plan, risk plan, QA plan, requirements management process and configuration management process for project as requested
- Execute project plan as authorized
- Document and manage all modifications
- Validate business process analysis, current state process models, future business capabilities, future process design, functional requirements and requirements traceability matrix
- Produce ROMs (Rough Order of Magnitude)
- Determine Level of Effort (LOE) for service/solution requests
- Collaborate with Technical SME (Subject Matter Experts) to capture requirements
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports
- Develop project management plans
- Develop project schedules using MS Project
- Manage scope creep
- BS/BA or equivalent and eight years experience or a MS and three years experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing IT projects according to PMI or standards
- Experience managing the deployment of network infrastructure projects, such as IPS, FWs, wired and wireless, and datacenter solutions
- Must possess or be able to obtain NIH Clearance / Public Trust
- Experience liaising with stakeholders in senior management regarding IT needs and requirements.
- Ability to produce PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with ServiceNow
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.