The Action Officer provides Director’s Action Group (DAG) support in accordance with established organization/office policies, regulations, and procedures. The Action Officer directs and oversees the receipt, tasking, tracking and closure of all internal and external tasks. The Action Officer manages the action tracking system. The Action Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the Directorate/Office both internally and externally.
- Perform and maintain DAG support functions to include recognition programs, training, security
- Manage NRO Tracking Information and Enterprise Response (TIER) actions for supported office
- Analyze and assign or perform actions as appropriate
- Working collaboratively with all elements of the GEOINT Directorate (e.g. leadership, System Program Offices) and other customer and mission partner organizations develop, coordinate, and assess accuracy of responses to actions, requests from oversight, and requests from the customer and GEOINT Front Office prior to senior management review
- Manage and execute the end-to-end action tracking process; develop standard operating procedures and serve as facilitator for user requirements
- Monitor progress on actions, generate metrics to demonstrate accountability for meeting deadlines and quality expectations; prepare periodic reports on action status and keep leadership aware of late, pending and new actions
- Disseminate policy and legislative changes to appropriate parties internal to the customer
- Draft, proofread, edit and provide final review of internal and external correspondence, Weekly Activity Report, point papers, and briefings
- Coordinate and maintain presentations for audiences up to the customer level; maintain a quality control process for all presentations
- Participate in DAG-related meetings, internal committees, Integrated Process Teams (IPT), working groups and task forces
- Manage records generated during the execution of the Directorate’s projects and programs in accordance with Federal laws and regulations, as well as customer Directives and Instructions
- Update and maintain the GEOINT TIER Microsoft Access database
- Provide technical expertise in support of action disposition, response, and closure and ensure actions are appropriately tasked and responses are complete
- Develop and maintain GEOINT presentations; maintain a quality control process for all presentations
- Prepare for and facilitate the GEOINT Senior Staff meetings and meeting with program office DAGs
- Create read ahead books for GEOINT senior leaders
- Provide thorough review of action responses, correspondence, briefings, point papers, etc. prior to delivery to Government Point of Contact for approval
Desired Skill Set
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering or project/ program management or both.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and standard computer applications to include ability to input, retrieve, and maintain data in a Microsoft Access database
- Demonstrated experience adapting to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
- Demonstrated experience fostering solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations
- Demonstrated experience analyzing situations and make well informed decision
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Demonstrated experience in/knowledge of IC/DoD organizational structures, mission, vision, culture, values, philosophy and operating principles
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate information from various sources and merge into a coherent document (e.g. action response, point paper, briefing)
Benefits of this Position:
- Flexible schedule; facility open 5:00AM-10:00PM
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
This req is not yet funded. The position is pending award.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.