Information Assurance / Security Specialist
INFORMATION ASSURANCE / SECURITY SPECIALIST
KBR is seeking an Information Assurance / Security Specialist, responsible for the planning of information security, implementation of security policies, submission of compliance artifacts, and enforcement of standards supporting the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) program for the Army’s Joint Training Program – Air and Missile Defense (JTP-AMD) Simulation Center. The JTP-AMD SIM Center is a Government facility, with simulation requirements that span multiple theaters and other government facilities/locations within the US. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to assist with the day-to-day interpretation, implementation, enforcement, and execution of the RMF policies and procedures while administering the documentation, testing, validation, and accreditation processes necessary to ensure compliance with security and privacy requirements specific to our RMF Accreditation.
This position requires the ability to interface with US Government customers. The applicant MUST be a US Citizen and be able to travel if required. In addition, the applicant MUST have a current US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administration of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS)
- Review, develop and document policies and procedures IAW NIST 800-53
- Review, develop, and implement security plans for existing and new system assets
- Review and update Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Support the DoD RMF assessment and authorization (A&A) processes
- Support the implementation and development of Information Technology (IT) Security Programs
- Perform vulnerability scans using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) or Nessus
- Coordinate and perform information security inspections, tests, and reviews
- Ensure security policies, standards and procedures are established and enforced
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigate findings
- Ensure users have appropriate security clearance and access to information systems
- Manage, assess, and implement the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Understand classification management, classified document control, and classified media control
- Submit and track accreditation package, to include annual reviews of accredited networks and systems
- Perform techniques as necessary to clear, purge, declassify, and release system memory, media, and output
- Provide initial IA briefings and annual training to privileged and non-privileged users as appropriate
- Develop and provide training on information system security policies and procedures
- Implement and support incident response processes involving classified assets and networks
- Conduct evaluation and analysis of software/hardware intended for use on classified assets
- Conduct hardware and software implementations and updates for information systems
- Implement, monitor, and document mitigation and remediation progress
- Create and maintain System Security Plan (SSP) and related documentation
- Perform information system security inspections, tests, and reviews
- Conduct auditing and hardware tracking
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and classified information IAW DoD / Army policies and regulations.
- Ability to perform Information Technology (IT) and System Administration related tasks.
- Must be proficient in Windows 10, Red Hat, and Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio).
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules and DoD / Army regulations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to interact appropriately with peers, supervisors, and customers.
- Must possess a current US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity or IT related field
- 5+ years working in an IA / Cybersecurity related environment with a focus on DIACAP or RMF Accreditation
- Experience in the administration of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS)
- Experience with the assessment and authorization (A&A) process
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) assessment and implementation
- Experience applying technical solutions from NIST 800-53 controls prescribed by system categorization
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office / Computer Lab environments
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to physically lift up to 45lbs.
- Ability to travel (if required)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.