General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Software Engineer joining our team to support Government activities in McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to execute multi-faced programs that support dynamic mission sets. In this role, a typical day will include:
• Building interactive web applications for publication according to the customer’s established practices and editorial standards
• Working as part of small teams comprising graphic designers, cartographers, and other developers, with team sizes and mix varying as needed for the project
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Minimum of 11 years related experience or relevant combination of education and experience.
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Git, Anguluar 8+, Typescript, D3, ChartJS, Highcharts
- Any experience with a programming language (e.g., Python, Perl,etc.)
- Mobile development experience
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
• Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
• Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
• Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust
Applies advanced knowledge and provides guidance to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Applies advanced knowledge in analyzing user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs.
Applies advanced knowledge to create a wide-variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
Applies advanced knowledge and provides guidance for software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs.
Provides advanced and highly-valued analysis for reports on software project specifications, activities, or status.
Provides advanced knowledge and guidance on the software or system process for optimal documentation and future maintenance and updates.
May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
May serve as a mentor to less experienced analysts.
May serve as team or task lead. (Not a people manager)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 10+ years of experience
#WeAreGDITWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.