We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
In this role you will help architect, design and build (must be hands on!) new capabilities for SAIC in Microsoft's Azure Cloud.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
· Serve as an experienced Azure resource with deep passion for the FULL suite of Azure services.
· Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
· Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our Azure foundational footprint capabilities.
· Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
· Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in Azure
· Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in Azure
· Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
· Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
· Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation Azure ARM or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform
· Write the required template documents, procedures or guides associate with the respective managed services
· Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services
· Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services
· Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support
· Design and develop the managed services release management capability for the platform
· May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
· Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
· U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
· Bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience with a minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
· Minimum of 3 years of professional Azure experience
· At least 2 Azure certifications
· Must be a self-starter and be effective independently and as part of a team
· Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
· Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in Azure architecture
· Advanced knowledge of Most of the Azure Platform Services including:
· Proficiency and experience with Azure developer tools and workflows (CLI, ARM, Cloud SDK, etc …)
· A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
· Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur