General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. 3+ years of Cisco experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
2. 3+ years of Juniper experience, certifications preferred JNCIA, or higher.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
4. Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
5. Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, and MPLS, BFD.
6. Knowledge of Hierarchical Network design and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
7. Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
8. Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
9. Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
10. Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
11. Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
12. Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
13. Experience with crypto devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.