GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Information System Security Officer (ISSO) joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO. In this role you will:
- Develop and coordinate all authorization documentation associated including the Systems Categorization, Systems Security Plan, and Systems risk assessment
- Support the control assessment, reporting and monitoring processes using the Cyber Security and Assessment Management (CSAM) system
- Assist the component with staying on track with Core Controls and A-123 control assessment schedules
- Work with components to ensure each Risk Based Decisions (RBD’s) has a current Waivers.
- Coordinate with CSS Customer Liaison support, including status of the process and POA&Ms.
- Support and document security controls tests, assist in remediation and ensure that POA&Ms are being appropriately managed.
- Develop or update the Business Continuity and Contingency Plan for the component.
- Assist the components with decisions that affect security of their systems and networks.
- Facilitate preparations for the tri-annual Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) component’s Information System.
- Conduct assessments of information systems security requirements, evaluate current security posture and recommend priorities for remediation.
- Review information system infrastructure and application architecture to assess security requirements
- Review existing SA&A documentation, Security Assessment Report and security infrastructure (i.e. IDS, firewalls, vulnerability scan tools, etc.)
- Assess NIST 800-53, Rev 4. Control and document results
- Evaluate and strengthen standard SA&A Documentation
- Perform and document risk assessments, analyzing security vulnerabilities, and the metrics to measure the risks associated with those vulnerabilities;
- Based on the risk profile of the analyzed systems, development and documentation of a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for mitigating those risks;
- Design and development of comprehensive Systems Security Plan, covering at a high level the infrastructure, policies and procedures which define the systems security profile for the analyzed systems;
- Development of Systems Security Users Guides specific to selected networks, desktop computers, servers and data base systems; Design, development, and validation of System Test and Evaluation (ST&E) reviews for new and/or legacy systems.
- Review and conduct NIST-based Self Assessments, identifying any weaknesses which need to be addressed, and developing a POA&M for each of those weaknesses based on industry best practices.
- Design and development of Initial Privacy Assessment (IPA) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for each major Federal Government IT Systems Developing and conducting System Test and Evaluations (ST&Es) and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&Vs) of the security profiles of Federal Government IT Systems
- Conduct OMB A-123 security assessments of Federal Government IT Systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
- 8+ years’ experience performing systems security assessments, preparing system security documentation, and/or performing security upgrades for live networks, desktop systems, servers, and enterprise data bases leading to successful certification and accreditation or security authorization of such systems.
- 8+ years’ experience assessing and enhancing IT systems security policies and procedures in response to the regulatory requirements associated with Federal and International standards.
- 8+ years IT Security experience with extensive knowledge in security regulations and security assessments having developed numerous security C&A (or SA&A) and ATO on a range of systems including classified systems
- Strong working knowledge with NIST Special Publications and the NIST SP 800-37 SA using CSAM system
- Current certification in one or more of the following IT Security disciplines:
- ISACA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISACA - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- ISACA - Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA - Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT(CGEIT)
- (ISC)2 - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- (ISC)2 - Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.