- Research, test, and make recommendations for new hardware and software technologies
- Conduct configuration management
- Ensure all new software and hardware introduced to the network meets all applicable guidelines and work in the current operating environment
- Perform networking activities pertaining to NMUSA’s existing commercial network, which consists of CISCO and Meraki switches, routers, and firewall.
- Consult with NMUSA Staff for gathering customer requirements, problem identification, capacity planning, network optimization and tuning, and meeting certification and accreditation requirements.
- Input any network administration assistance into the Trouble Ticketing Tracking System spreadsheet (changing to SharePoint).
- Provide identity management of network access to authorized personnel, providing a secure environment for applications to reside.
- Design and implement the NMUSA commercial network
- Provide remote access
- Provide network configuration management
- Establish a testing environment
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade all hardware, firmware, software, and associated equipment that is installed as part of the network within NMUSA
- Provide access to network resources within the boundaries of the NMUSA commercial network.
- Identify customer and technical network requirements and prepare an analysis for capacity utilization assessments.
- Create and maintain documentation to support the testing, installation, and operation of networks.
- Conduct network operations and maintenance services to ensure connectivity of the NMUSA commercial network.
- Perform network functions to include firewall management and maintenance.
- Responsible for architecture, management, planning, implementing, maintaining, repairing, upgrading, configuring, and documenting all firewalls.
- Ensure NMUSA confidentiality, integrity, security, availability, and authenticity through the Internet/Intranet.
- Respond to cyber security needs and requirements, both emergent and as identified in the Cyber Security Program Plan (CSPP) and other directives/mandates.
- Maintain and manage firewall components and configuration and maintain the security posture of the firewall components on a regular basis with security tools.
- Provide continuous monitoring in support of the NMUSA firewall for penetration attempts to evade security and maintain incident reports of such events.
- While monitoring firewall for incoming and outgoing network traffic provide an incident report for all suspicious activities or anomalies in the operations of the network system.
- Notify the COR or the appropriate Federal cyber security officials of any security incidents that occur involving a specific site and/or IT asset.
- Discuss with the COR any updated cybersecurity rules and information prior to implementing firewall changes that might impact access to the NMUSA commercial network environment.
- Implement approved firewall exception requests, alerting the COR of potential problems with an approved request prior to implementing, and notifying the requestor of the firewall exception when the exception is implemented or not approved.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) to keep hardware and systems software in proper operating condition. PM is performed on a scheduled basis, normally during the Principal Periods of Maintenance (PPM) as defined by the Government PPM Schedule or the manufacturer for the hardware and software.
- In performing PM on hardware equipment, perform adjustments, cleaning, and replacement of parts according to published maintenance procedures.
- Acquire, test, and install systems software updates. Systems software tests and installations shall normally be performed during scheduled system test periods.
- Evaluate vendor-supplied updates or patches for applicability.
- Implement system software releases.
- Operate, maintain, repair, upgrade, configure, and document all wireless technology required to meet NMUSA’s business needs. Technology includes, radio frequency communication (conventional and trunking), wireless LANs, repeaters, and all associated support equipment that completes the wireless LAN system.
- Provide engineering services to maintain the NMUSA commercial wireless network and associated wireless access points, and/or networking systems.
- Provide to the COR all documentation created during network testing to ensure appropriate tests are conducted successfully. Provide documentation is MS Word or MS PowerPoint formats, including all details regarding the test criteria and results of the tests conducted.
- Security and STIGs
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process
- Document, implement, and maintain network security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- 10+ years of experience in related Information Technology Field
- Experience with switches, routers, firewalls, and components of wireless technology and LANs to included installation, configuration, and updates of hardware, firmware, and software.
- Familiarity with DISA STIG compliance and documentation to support RMS.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language including unique technical terminology required for the performance of these duties and functions.
- Must have the ability to operate a computer and be familiar with using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to work under time constraints
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- CompTIA Security+ ce at date of hire
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional certifications within 90 days after your start date.
- Favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) at time of start
- National Museum of the United States Army, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Contract requires coverage between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm Saturday - Wednesday.
- Telework only under special circumstances and must be authorized by the government
Occasional travel may be required – normally less than 10%.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.