Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Agile Scrum Master to join our agile IT operations team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding agile teams on how to self-organize and plan work into enabling features and stories along program increments and sprints.
- Assessing the degree of scrum maturity and coaching the team to higher levels, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum/Kanban practices and instill agile values.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating a culture of getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Prior experience in the Scrum Master role
- Prior experience with agile practices - Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) (STRONGLY PREFERRED)
- Prior experience supporting enterprise-level IT development, operations and/or infrastructure systems work
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience supporting a multi-functional IT development and operations team
- Prior experience with DevSecOps practices
- Possess a sufficient level of technical expertise to provide highly-credible leadership to teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum Master certification
- Experience with DevSecOps practices
- Experience in serving as a Scrum Master for at least two years in an enterprise systems environment that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Prefer some experience in support of infrastructure operations and maintenance technical staff.
- Solid skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques:
- Program Increment (PI) Planning, Epics/Features/Stories, Burndown/burnup charts, Retrospectives, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as IBM Rational Team Concert, Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Visio and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 8 years of experience).
- Possess demonstrated experience as an Information Systems Manager or Program/Project Manager with ancillary experience in IT Operations and Maintenance especially in the areas of AIX, RHEL, Windows, virtualization, DB2, Networking and/or MQ
- Possess experience with IT Security, IT Infrastructure, and System Architecture environments
- Knowledge of federal Government directives, policies, publications and regulations
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain agency suitability clearance
Must be able to type
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.