C-27J / C-130J Test Pilot
As part of the world’s largest independent flight test organization supporting both US Government and Commercial Agencies, you will be joining a highly talented and experienced KBR aircrew services team that has provided over 40 continuous years of Aircrew Project and Flight Test support at Patuxent River, MD. As a long-term incumbent and leader in DoD developmental flight test support, the selected applicant will work within the NAVAIR test community composed of government, military, contractor and industry personnel while supporting flight test.
Sign-On bonus and relocation stipend available
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- The C-27J / C-130J test pilot position supports Air Test and Evaluation Squadron Two Zero (VX-20) developmental test and evaluation at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) at Patuxent River, MD
- The applicant selected will have primary responsibility for C-27J flight test; occasional opportunity for C-130 flight test may also be available
- Responsibilities include development of test plans and detailed test procedures, pre-flight mission planning, mission briefing, conducting functional check flights, developmental and engineering test flights, evaluation of flight simulator devices, data collection during test flights, post-flight liaison with maintenance and engineering representatives, mission debriefing, drafting post-flight reports/deficiencies and participation in technical meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technical Degree preferred; Fixed Wing graduate of a qualified Test Pilot School (e.g., the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School, U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School, Empire Test Pilot School, EPNER Test Pilot School, etc.) strongly preferred
- Minimum six (6) years of C-27J (primary) or C-130J (alternate) experience and two (2) years RDT&E flight experience preferred
- Minimum of 1500 hours with at least 150 hours in the C-27J, C-130J or similar multi-engine aircraft required
- Past (required) or current (preferred) designation as an Aircraft Commander in any U.S. military aircraft required
- Current or former designation as a Category C (or equivalent) Developmental Test Pilot and NATOPS Instructor Pilot strongly preferred
- Candidate must be able to pass the physical and training qualification requirements to provide contract aircrew support, including completion of Navy water survival and aviation physiology training, as well as annual FAA Class II flight physical
- Most work will be conducted on-site at NAS Patuxent River, MD, however, some travel will be required in support of flight test activities
- Applicant selected must be a U.S. Citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.