Antenna Electrical Engineer Technician
The Electrical Engineer Technician will perform all antenna, material, and environmental installation and testing of antennas to meet tasking requirements that include remote locations and 50% travel. Duties will include:
- Support engineering tasks related to the repair, fabrication, assembly, production, installation and testing of antennas and electronic hardware and systems
- Utilize and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, test manuals, test procedures and performance specifications to perform tests
- Maintain equipment associated with operating test facility to include insuring equipment is calibrated and maintains adequate inventory of parts to supports maintenance and testing requirements
- Design any brackets, mounts and fixtures needed to mechanically support/ attach and test antennas and test objects
- Setup antenna test sequences and interpret test data for validity
- Generate test reports based on data obtained. Provide interpretations of test results identifying areas of concern regarding system performance. May make recommendations to improve performance based on past testing on similar systems
- Develop and document test procedures and schedules associated with conducting antenna and material testing covering a wide frequency spectrum
- Analyze test results and provide formal test reports to customer
- Set up antennas for measurement to include test sequences
- Operate antenna measurement equipment to obtain test data
- Design and modify antennas and feeds using technical knowledge to meet customer requirements
- Support the installation and upgrade of antenna systems at field locations globally
- Coordinate with other technical support personnel
- Testing, maintaining and troubleshooting antenna systems (1 to 34-meter antenna systems) to include controllers, motor/drive assemblies, reflector structure, RF cabling, and RF feed assemblies
- Use RF test equipment to include signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzer, vector signal generators
- Conduct technical troubleshooting and problem solving in remote locations.
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Work well with various team members that may change based on project and location
- Climb ladders and operate man lifts to perform antenna system support
- Work at heights over 100 feet
- Operate test equipment - to include function generators, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, power meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, volt-ohm-ammeters, fiber optic meters, BIT error tester, and multi-meters
- Solder and perform electrical assembly – to include chassis wiring, system assembly, soldering wire to multi-pin connectors, and soldering components (including surface mount) to circuit cards. Should be familiar with crimp style, multi-pin conductors
- Install, test, and analyze RF and electronic circuits. Rack, stack, and test systems, sub-systems, and equipment
- May conduct tasks outside of these duties as well.
- Must be able to qualify for Top Secret.
- Either of the following experience is required (1) Applicable military training or civilian technical school and 8 years of technical experience; AND/OR (2) Associate of Science degree and 4 years of technical experience; AND/OR B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or other related science with 3 years of technical experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.