Provides Local Area Network (LAN) engineering and administration support for the DLA Central Region. The position requires knowledge of current LAN technologies, familiarity with equipment from multiple vendors (Cisco, Brocade, Enterasys, etc), and experience providing support to ongoing operations. Operational support includes incident resolution, service request fulfillment, security patching, technical refreshes, and upgrades. The candidate shall be capable of providing support to LAN operations with little supervision.
This position requires 3 years of experience providing LAN support and network engineering services. The position also requires a vendor certification (ex: CCNA) and a security certification such as Security+CE / CCNA Security. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a favorable SSBI investigation (TS).
Desired Skills and Experience
Understanding and experience implementing networking solutions with knowledge of:
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video IP protocols.
- Wireless LAN.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x – protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software.
- Understanding and experience providing Operational support with knowledge of:
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth. Other
Three (3) years of network administration experience.
Clearance: Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret.
- One of the following vendor certifications: CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
- One of the following security certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.