GDIT is under contract to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to design, develop, engineer, implement, enhance, maintain statistical algorithms to detect and prevent potential fraud, waste or abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The contract is part of the Fraud Prevention System Modeling and Analytics contract. We are responsible for post-payment (models) and pre-payment (edits) identification and implementation to support the CMS’ Center for Program Integrity (CPI).
We are currently seeking a Senior Metrics and Data Analytics Analyst to join our team.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships (i.e., patterns, trends) from large amounts of data using SAS, SPSS Modeler or other statistical tools
- Gather and organize information for use in supporting decision-making process
- Collect, manipulate, analyze, evaluate, and display data using visualization tools
- Perform data analysis and create data summaries using descriptive statistics
- Implement open-ended data merges, data analysis plans, and perform complex data manipulation and reporting tasks
- Develop, write, and present detailed technical solutions to solve open-ended business problems to technical and non-technical audiences
Required Skills and Experience
- Diploma (or equivalent) and 8+ years of experience, Bachelor's in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and 4+ years related experience, or Master's and 2+ years related experience
- Substantial experience and understanding of advanced analytical methods (e.g., logistic regression, tree-based, or neural network classification modeling)
- Demonstrated understanding of machine learning solutions to automate data decisioning
- Substantial experience and understanding of SQL for data extraction and manipulation
- Experience using analytics software such as SAS, R, or Python
- Experience utilizing customer service skills working proactively and collaboratively with Federal research, compliance, and policy staff and stakeholders to implement and enhance internal and external management reports and public-facing data analysis tools and data sets
- Experience utilizing data to create client solutions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid data
- Experience with fraud detection
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience conducting health care related research and analytics
- Superior written and verbal skills. Must write succinctly and clearly and explain complex situations in plain English to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing and presenting solutions to complex, open-ended problems
- Experience proactively identifying and working collaboratively with stakeholders to resolve data anomalies, data quality, and compliance issues in administrative data
- Superior customer service skills working proactively and collaboratively with Federal research, compliance, and policy staff and stakeholders to implement and enhance internal and external management reports and public-facing data analysis tools and data sets
- Experience matching and merging disparate data sets
- Superior multi-tasking and organization skills. Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives
- Experience supporting data governance policies and supporting infrastructures spanning diverse stakeholders
- Experience using MS Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of results
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.