General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Wright Patterson Afb
What you will be doing:
• Document network, systems, storage, and other networked equipment while meeting NASIC, NSA, AF, and other applicable government standards. The network diagrams shall be created and maintained with government approved CAD. Network topology diagram shall include network segments, port assignment, WAN configuration, VLAN, patch panel, etc.), routers, switches, firewalls connecting the various segments, servers, gateways, and other major pieces of networking hardware.
• Provide weekly status reports upon request that details all documents created, reviewed, in-progress, maintained, updated, and archived.
• Document data flows of all data coming in and out of system. Data flows shall include source, destination, types of data, sizes, mission area, customers, etc.
• Document revision control labeling that is consistent with existing NASIC documentation.
• Ensure consistent labeling and keys are represented in documentation.
• Document network diagrams, wiring diagrams, network topologies, and rack elevations with appropriate layering to all allow quick access.
• Document the host's name, its IP address (es), and role (e.g. DNS, DHCP, mail server, etc.), hardware components for servers (e.g. GPUs), make, model, serial number, asset tag, location (room, rack, etc.).
• Record mission-critical applications/services, configuration of network services (DNS, DHCP, NFS, Web, etc.), OS, disk layout, server criticality (critical, essential, other, etc.).
• Record circuits connected to network infrastructure. Documentation shall include circuit type, circuit ID, bandwidth, WAN type, termination equipment, who owns the circuit, contact information, any additional information pertinent to the circuit.
• Create and maintain a change log for each network documentation piece.
• Verify documentation is accurate with network engineers internal and external to NASIC.
• Coordinate with NASIC LG & SC to capture power, cooling, etc. that pertains to the system. Rack elevations shall identify power consumption and power capacity.
What we require:
•TS/SCI + CI Poly Clearance
•Security + CE Certification
• Have recent and relevant expertise (a minimum five years' experience in CAD design) in network documentation and shall have experience with MS Visio.
• Have designed, documented, and created network documentation that includes network diagrams, rack elevations, flow diagrams, etc. using CAD software.
• Have an understanding of networks, storage, and data flows.
#AFOpportunitiesWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.