Special Operations Physical Therapist (Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, GE)
We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Special Operations Physical Therapist who will provide evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. They are licensed independent practitioners and credentialed as direct care providers in specific military HP settings. At KBR we maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts – Could this be you?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and treat patients with or without referrals.
- Refer patients to other POTFF staff members as needed.
- Provide and perform the following services in support of POTFF’s HP program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel: Provide neuro-musculoskeletal injury care, utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including the ordering of images, laboratory tests, pharmaceuticals, dry needling, acupuncture, joint injections and aspirations, and referrals to specialty providers.
- If directed by HP Program Manager and/or Coordinator, directly supervise the PT Tech, PT Assistant, and/or Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) within their scope of practice.
- Participate in periodic meetings with HP and POTFF for reasons such as, but not limited to, reviewing care provided to patients. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to Sports Medicine (SM), injury prevention, rehabilitation, and relevant human performance research.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HP program stays current with the provision of care.
- Provide input for the development and utilization of required databases.
- Conduct peer (record) reviews for the HP Staff as directed by governing credentialing body and local medical oversight process.
- Assists the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HP Training Centers (HPTCs) and associated facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans; submits input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical providers as requested and/or required.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contribute to a safe working environment.
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP staff or POTFF staff as appropriate.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences and/or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Maintain 100% compliance with local mandatory command training requirements.
- Document care in the Military’s Electronic Health Record ) i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (e.g., Smartbase, etc.) as required per DODI 6040.45, USSOCOM HQ and POTFF Staff, and as directed by local HP program manager and/or coordinator.
- Document work performed, utilization, encounters, referrals, and all other information in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (e.g., Smartbase, etc.), as directed by HP program manager and/or coordinator and/or required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the PT position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and/or required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Proficiently utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Master’s degree in Physical Therapy.
- Certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) as either an OCS or SCS, or certification through the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) as a certified athletic trainer (ATC).
- Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at the local MTF.
- Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain, function in austere environments, and observe SOF training evolutions.
- May be required to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 25 kilograms.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of demonstrable, accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) of performing manual therapy in the sports medicine field with individual athletes and groups of athletes (experience at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators preferred) in the accompanying, respective settings.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association; must provide front and back proof of all training/certs/documentation.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
- Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy.
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Additional credentials such as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Standard Company Requirements:
- Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.