Information Technology Architect
KBR requires an Information Technology Architect to support the Air Force-led Mobility Air Force Standard Simulator (MSS) study in collecting requirements, understanding current network maps, preparing/designing, and executing IT architecture designs/plans to support integrating all logistics, maintenance, sustainment, and management networks.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead IT architecture development for the MSS study and potential follow-on effort, through coordination with USAF Simulators Program Office and other Air Force organizations
- Support in house development of similar IT architecture design capability for other AFLCMC, AFRL and other USAF organizations
- Conduct communications and computer system analyses, special studies and process reviews. Prepare technical reports, studies and/or briefings.
- Support potential migration planning and execution for cloud operations as well as develop and support an organizational SharePoint strategy
- Work with Gov’t and other contractors to ensure DoD and AF classified computing systems and networks architecture includes compliance with Cybersecurity, Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD LVC training environment and personnel processing for access to SIPRNet and classified systems IAW applicable published guidance and directives.
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing and future network infrastructures to design common standard interface definitions and parts to reduce operating & maintenance costs while integrating multiple network nodes for training purposes
- Perform analysis of network security, based upon the DCID 6/3, DITSCAP, DIACAP, and NISPOM Chapter 8 certification and accreditation process; advise customer on IT certification and accreditation issues
- US citizenship is required.
The IT architect candidate must demonstrate comprehensive experience and knowledge of:
- DoD and AF classified computing systems and networks including the stand-up, maintenance and support of same.
- NIPRNET and SIPRNET computing systems.
- Access requirements to all unclassified and classified DoD and AF computing systems.
- All IT and Information Assurance (IA) regulatory guidance.
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs, JSIG and RMF, and other guiding policy documents
This position will be a key member of a high-impact, fast-paced, high visibility team. Key skills required:
- Conflict resolution
- Problem Solving
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Clear and well organized communication skills
- CompTIA Security Education/Experience: At least 10 years of experience in IT architecture, network design, and/or network operations is required. Master’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
- Current Secret clearance required
- Experience working in AFLCMC (or predecessor organizations) program offices.
- Experience as an Information Systems Security Officer
- Experience with flight simulators and/or networked simulation environments
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.