Position Summary / Responsibilities:
The Security Product Support Analyst (Security PSA) provides Tier-2 technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to endpoint security software and security features enabled within the Windows 10 operating system.
Security PSAs are responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving incident tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs. Successful Security PSAs have excellent problem solving skills enabling them to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to the appropriate resolver. This position supports multiple security products from McAfee, Carbon Black, Bromium, Microsoft, ForeScout, and others.
• Analyze and respond to security events from security data sources
• Interface with customers, service desk agents, and engineers in a polite, positive, and professional manner to resolve escalated technical issues
• Promptly handle incoming support calls and respond in a timely manner within documented SLAs to support tickets
• Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and follow documented escalation procedures
• Monitor systems to detect incidents or unauthorized/malicious activity
• Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to support services
• Liaison with senior USAF personnel
• Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and industry best practices
• Identifying or investigating and escalating potential issues affecting IT security
• Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to IT or cyber security infrastructure such as: networks or Firewall or Virtual Private Network or Web proxies/gateways or Intrusion Detection & prevention systems or Host security systems
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years (additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree) of SOC, InfoSec, or cybersecurity threat management related experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Experience recommending and implementing technical change in IT organizations
• Life-long learner who enjoys staying current on emerging technologies
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
• Valid CompTIA Security+ CE certification
• Demonstrated familiarity with STIG requirements within DoD environment required
• Experience performing vulnerability scans and providing remediation recommendations
• Secret clearance (or ability to obtain Interim Secret Clearance before start date)
• Must be a US citizen
• Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus