DIEGO GARCIA: Fire Truck Driver/Operator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily inspection, testing, operation, and cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Ensures proper rules for pump operation and hydraulic calculations are applied during fire pump operations.
- Ensures all vehicle tools and equipment are serviceable and takes preventive maintenance measures as required to ensure tools and equipment are in top operating condition.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle and safe arrival of crew members.
- Will accomplish driver’s training for other assigned personnel as required.
- Will remain proficient in all vehicle pump operation modes, and hydraulic calculations.
- Will maintain proficiency as a firefighter and assume duties as a firefighter as required.
- Will enter Crew Chief required training and assume role as acting Fire Lieutenant (Crew Chief) upon completion as required.
- Administers emergency medical care as an emergency medical responder, follow all department SOP’s and protocols.
- Shall comply with all safety rules and policies; safety infraction(s) are reason for termination.
- Subject to mandatory over-time and emergency recall.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by Supervisor, Incident Commander, Command Staff or Fire Chief.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Drivers/Operators shall be certified by the Emergency Vehicle Operator Course and shall obtain a government license.
- Drivers/Operators shall be certified by the Airfield Vehicle Operator Course provided by the Government.
- Must speak, read, and understand English language.
- Must be able to speak clearly using land mobile radios (LMR’s).
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must hold country and Government driver’s license.
- Must pass physical IAW NFPA 1500 & 1582.
- Must have experience with computers and be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Must pass Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) annually.
- Must participate in the Physical Fitness Program (DoD I 6055.06). DoD CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete Department of Homeland Security, FEMA course (IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800).
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Firefighter I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Airport Firefighter)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Pumper)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Awareness)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Operations with Mission-Specific Competencies, Personal Protective Equipment, and Product Control)
- DoD Approved (CPR – American Heart Association – Health Care Provider)
- DoD Approved (Emergency Medical Responder)
- Must complete all proficiency training timely.
- Must complete new training requirements set forth by the DoD Firefighter Certification Administration.
- Must be licensed for all assigned apparatus.
- Must enter Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I and Fire Instructor I course training and fill in as acting Lieutenant (Lead Firefighter/Crew Chief) as needed for the Company Fire Officer position.
- Must be at least high school, technical or vocational course graduate; Associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have 1-year experience as IFSAC/Pro-Board/DoD certified ARFF Firefighter IAW DOD 6055.06-M to be eligible for promotion to Driver-Operator.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .