Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented PTL Integration and Systems Engineer to join our team in the Northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Personnel Tracking and Locating (PTL) Integration and Systems Engineer position is responsible for working within a CONUS command center with DS/C/ST, Embassy personnel overseas and providing technical guidance on both the PTL tracker hardware and monitoring software.
- The PTL program will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a 40-hour per week shift.
- Candidate may be required to deploy and must be worldwide deployable.
- Responsibilities include:
- assessing current PTL technical architecture and applications supporting operations;
- providing recommendations regarding technical architecture modernization;
- supporting establishment of PTL Testing and Training domains within Department of State network;
- integrating new PTL technology into Department of State architecture, networks, and systems;
- interfacing with other US Government agencies and departments;
- and, developing and implementing the ability to exchange tracking data, information, and techniques.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Technology or other related fields preferred or five (5) years equivalent work experience.
- Must be familiar with industry standards and best practices (e.g., SOA principles, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)).
- Must possess at least five years of integration and systems engineering experience in the tracking mission area/domain (e.g. Friendly Force Tracking/Blue Force Tracking or Tagging, Tracking, and Locating).
- Must possess the ability to clearly communicate and depict architectural designs, underlying principles, and implementation effects; strong written and verbal communication skills; and, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment, and have strong attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build/maintain professional working relationships.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must have a current Secret security clearance.
- A Top Secret security clearance may be required to meet changing requirements.
- Required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training, or maintenance at diplomatic facilities.
- OCONUS travel may include critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Moves about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around shop floors.
- Uses screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and other hand and power tools.
- Frequently works in warehouses, buildings and vehicles that may be hot, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted.
- Occasionally works outdoors in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Recognizes differences between colors, shades and brightness on computer or TV monitors
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.