Configuration Management Specialist
KBR, is currently recruiting for a Configuration Management (CM) Specialist: Product Support and Softwre Distribution to join our team in APG, MD to support our cutomer, Project Manager Distributed Common Ground System – Army (PM DCGS-A) contract.
The CM Specialist at KBR serves as a valuable Systems Engineer and Technical Assistance (SETA) team member by governing, administering and executing the technical amd management process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product’s performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design and operational information throughout the product life cycle. This position interacts with multiple stakeholders within the organization supporting the configuration and data management function. Additionally, the CM Specialist will support push and pull activities for software distribution to all applicable stakeholders in the DCGS-A program.
- Serves as the primary Configuration and Data Management resource for efficient operation of the function
- Acts as a continuous improvement practitioner to support lean initiatives
- Assure configuration and data management compliance to hardware, software, documents, test equipment, tooling, specifications, product requirements, and program requirements IAW DCGS-A standards
- Creates and supports project plans for all relevant Configuration management activitites
- Authors and delivers Configuration Management Plans in accordance with program requirements
- Generates Configuration Audit Plans, Reports, and Summaries based upon program requirements
- Conducts Physical and Functional Configuration Audits to establish product baselines
- Creates staus accounting reports throughout the product life cycle, ensuring consistency and accuracy of reported information
- Executes all associated activities regarding configuration identification, planning and management, status accounting, configuration control, verification and audit
- Interprets and ensures contractual compliance to all relevant Configuration Management and Technical Data Package requirements for proper adherence
- Governs the Initial Release and Engineering Change Management Process for all product configration items, ensuring proper configuration control
- Supports the generation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), assessing, analyzing and documenting all impacts of the proposed change as required
- Supports the generation of Request for Variances (RFV), assessing, analyzing, and documenting all impacts of the proposed variance as required
- Plans, schedules and facilitates the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Assist engineering staff with requirements management, product structure, options and variants, and Bill of Material (BoM) management
- Generates Product Configuration Trees, illustrating product configuration and hierarchy
- Manages all relevant product configuration management data attributes and elements
- Leads and provides guidance to program, project, and product teams with respect to configuration and data management
- Manage tool interfaces for end-customer software downloads
- Execute software media replication (CDs, DVDs, Hard drives) and distribution, including the wrapping of shipments and shipping in accordance with PM DCGS-A’s Security Classification Guide (SCG)
- Manage all equipment and assets in the replicaiton center including basic administration
- Process all authorized request for information (RFI) for all CONUS and OCUNUS locations to support mission requirments
- Release, archive, and manage all software media and corresponding documentaiton in the CM repositiories
- Release and manage source code using Subversion or similar tools
- Perform quality assurance of configuration item deliverables received and distributed
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience plus seven to ten years of relevant experience.
Skills and Detailed Experience Required:
- Experienced with Systems Engineering Fundamentals and Requirements Management
- Experience working in an electrical, mechanical, network, and software engineering environment
- Experience and training in configuration and data management activitites
- Experienced with ASME Y14, IEEE 828, IEEE 12207, EIA-649-1, EIA-649C, MIL-HDBK-61A and ISO 10007, or equivalent standards
- Must demonstrate a sound knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Experienced with Product Life Cycle Management tools
- Experienced with Enterprise Resource Planning tools
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Shall have the abilty to lead teams, build teams and demonstrate leadership capabilities
Security Clearance/Additional Qualifications:
- Security Clearance required: Top Secret/SCI
- Detail-oriented with excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional Certification in Configuration and Data management is highly desired
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience is preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.