Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure IPSs and firewalls are configured in support of network security policies
- Implement and monitor Cisco Access Control Servers to ensure the customer’s least privileged methodology is implemented across all networks and devices
- Monitor security guidelines from Cisco, DISA, and other designated sources
- Submit and execute change requests to ensure all network devices meet security guidelines from Cisco, DISA, and other sources
- Collaborate with our Cyber Security team to ensure all network security controls are properly implemented, monitored, and documented
- Create and maintain Visio network diagrams
- Provide recommendations to improve the network performance while maintaining security compliance
- Provide system wide engineering support for network outages, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Perform equipment upgrades and replacements
- Evaluate, design, document, tune, and set standards for network operations
- Provide client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities
- Plan and coordinate major computer network initiatives
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment
- Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients
- Provide status reports based on customer and program requirements
- Track and diagnosis network performance issues and develop a network performance profiles
- Create SOPs for more junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience
- Meet DOD 8570 requirements for IAT II (current Security+ CE) required
- Cisco CCNP Routing/Switching or equivalent certification required
- Requires a strong background in networking, switching, routing, data center design, and network security
- Requires up to date experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Cisco Secure Access Server, and management tools and techniques, including Cisco Prime, Cisco Security Manager and SolarWinds suite of products
- Experience using Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor or other SNMP-based monitoring system
- Experience using GEMX software and/or working with Type 1 Encryptors
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 security controls
- Experience using automation tools
- NSX-T experience desired
- CCNP Security or equivalent CISSP desired
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship and active TS with SCI Eligibility clearance, investigation within 6 years.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.