Job Description Summary:
Field Engineers (FE) are responsible for performing implementation activities for the U.S. Army supporting networks and network infrastructure projects across the country. The FE will be traveling to CONUS and OCONUS sites in Europe and Southwest Asia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Field Engineer / Site Installation Team (SIT)
- Site Survey Support Activities – Includes participation in site surveys to produce a distinct work package (for implementation actions) which outlines the specific tasks required, provides all the necessary engineering and supporting documentation (floor space diagrams, rack/equipment diagrams, network diagrams, connectivity tables, etc.), and provides all of the installation-specific equipment and materials to enable successful execution by field technicians. Work packages include the required Bill of Materials (BOM) to support implementation activities.
- Site Preparation Activities - Includes the installation of equipment racks, the installation of power to racks, as necessary, and the installation of cable ladder racks and patch panels.
- Hardware/software installation and/or removal - Includes the physical installation of the equipment into a rack or cabinet, the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate required interconnectivity.
- Site wiring implementation, inspection/testing, and removal.
- Generation of completion reports to include as-installed documentation (Red Line drawings).
- Circuit end-to-end activation coordination and cutover management for transition actions – Includes the installation of new circuits, the relocation/rehoming of existing circuits, and the decommissioning of circuits that are no longer needed. All necessary network device configuration changes, the installation of any network cabling, and the installation of any distribution panel jumpers required to facilitate the successful activation of new circuits and the rehoming of existing circuits.
- Site implementation testing and checkout.
- Card installations and replacement.
- Hardware configuration upgrades - Includes the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate the required interconnectivity. Activation actions include all equipment configurations and testing required to facilitate the acceptance of the devices into the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) by Defense Information Systems Agency.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Desired: DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification CompTia Security + CE or equivalent
Preferred 2+ years of related telecommunications experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.