- As a senior member of the network operations team, the ideal candidate will be viewed as a mentor for the junior technical staff. This position will also be called upon regularly as a backup to other staff on the network team (e.g. update BIND DNS zones; create DHCP scopes with Infoblox, etc.).
- Must have experience with Wireshark, Ethereal, tcpdump or equivalent packet decoding tools to collect and review packet captures.
- Develop documentation to improve current network operating procedures. Draft configuration change control proposals for submission to the Configuration Control Board (CCB). Create and update topology diagrams and associated documentation for each office location and network enclave.
- Review log events and operate network management applications to perform fault detection, identify performance metrics, and generate reports to support specific service level requirements.
- Possess strong Linux command-line skills. Install and operate open source software to perform network monitoring. Develop scripts to identify security events, fault detection, correlation of log events, performance metrics, and generate reports to support specific service level requirements.
- Must have experience modifying firewall rule sets, studying network traffic flows to reverse-engineer the required firewall rules to lock down an application, and troubleshooting firewall problems in an enterprise or service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support planned and unplanned network maintenance and troubleshooting events. The successful candidate is expected to be available on-call 24x7. Upon hire, the engineer will be issued a Smartphone (iPhone/Android) and VPN access to allow rapid response to network events whenever the network operations center escalates a problem to on-call senior network engineer staff.
- Experience working in a remotely administered lights-out environment is preferred, where equipment is deployed pre-configured and out-of-band access via remote access appliance is used when necessary during circuit problem determination.
- Ability to travel as needed, primarily within the Albuquerque, NM region in support of adjacent DOE field sites, Labs. Limited travel to field sites within CONUS may be required (a few times per year).
- As part of the selection process, the candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English equivalent to a native speaker.
- Past employment supporting the U.S. Federal government and/or military experience is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess a U.S. government security clearance. (DOE Q or DOD TS equivalent)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.