GDIT 's military health team is HIRING a Bio-Scientific and Statistical Subject Matter Expertise to support the 59th Medical Wing (MDW), located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
The 59th Medical Wing Science and Technology (ST) office advises and conducts clinical and translational research on matters pertaining to the medical aspects of the Air Expeditionary Force and the health of Air Force (AF) personnel and beneficiaries. In order to support the required research, ST offices conduct translational research in the areas of emergency medical care, combat casualty care, force health protection, restorative medicine, clinical and rehabilitative medicine and specialty centers.
The 59th Medical Wing (MDW) is the U.S. Air Force's largest medical wing and is the Air Force functional medical command for Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA). It comprises seven medical groups across San Antonio.
Learn more about the 59th MDW HERE
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develops strategies using statistical analysis to draw scientific conclusions or predications based on data summaries or statistical analysis for Enterprise-Wide research activities. Determines which statistical methodology is applicable based on comprehensive knowledge of parametric and nonparametric hypothesis tests, univariate and multivariate linear and nonlinear modeling, life table analysis, time series analysis and instrument validation procedures. Detailed support shall include: Development of detailed data and process models.
- Proficiency in delineating requirements within the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and/or Statistical Analysis Software (SAS).
- Provide biostatistical consultation to PIs or colleagues. Coordinate database preparation for data analysis, including assessment for any data transformation requirements.
- Provide written detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- In-depth analysis of clinical or survey data using statistical approaches including but not limited to longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analysis and model building techniques.
- Review clinical or medical research protocols and recommend and conduct appropriate statistical analyses.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in data monitoring committees, AF/DoD/Federal regulatory agencies, project managers or investigators.
- Calculate samples size requirements for clinical studies.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies.
- Translate statistical information into documents relevant to manuscripts/ presentation being published by investigators. Prepares written synthesis of analysis results for inclusion in research manuscripts, presentations, and reports. Assesses the adequacy of the presentation of data, methods and purported objectives of the research projects.
What You'll Need (required):
- Master of Science in Statistics required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field of bio-medical and laboratory management within the last 9 years preferred with experience related to conducting clinical research and analyzing medical data.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.