GDIT 's military health team is HIRING a Product Manager to support the 59th Medical Wing (MDW), located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
The 59th Medical Wing Science and Technology (ST) office advises and conducts clinical and translational research on matters pertaining to the medical aspects of the Air Expeditionary Force and the health of Air Force (AF) personnel and beneficiaries. In order to support the required research, ST offices conduct translational research in the areas of emergency medical care, combat casualty care, force health protection, restorative medicine, clinical and rehabilitative medicine and specialty centers.
Learn more about the 59th MDW HERE
The Product Manager is Responsible for coordinating and facilitating product development-related activities in support of the project and the project manager; responsible for identifying, sequencing, and sharing key activities and information required to mature the product being developed, both material and knowledge products.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Organizes, schedules, conducts, and documents reoccurring project team and integrated product development (IPT) meetings and telecoms, ensures the necessary team members are participating, collects taskers required to mature product being developed, disseminates information to team members.
- Reviews, tracks, documents, revises, and reports on issues, assigned taskers, corrective actions, and other pertinent information in preparation of team meetings, project reviews, reports, and requests for project and product related information; may develop. database/spreadsheets or other information management systems to track and maintain data
- Responsible for populating, drafting, reporting, revising, documenting, and sharing/coordinating Technology Transition Agreements (TTAs), Knowledge Transition Agreements (KTAs), and other formal documents associated with assigned medical products under development.
- Coordinates all activities required to mature the assigned medical product to a higher readiness level which may require coordinating with multiple functions, organizations, and teams both internally and external for the organization.
- oster working relationships with Government contracting, budget/resource management, logistics, legal, technology transfer/transition, end-user representatives, testing agencies, and other pertinent organizations, departments, and agencies to facilitate medical product maturation, development, transition, and fielding.
- Conducts informal and assists with conducting formal Knowledge Readiness Assessments (KRAs) and Technology Readiness Assessments (TRAs), provides needed information to conduct assessment, revises draft assessment for correction, disputes inaccuracies for revision or clarification, documents final assessment report, shares finals assessment report with team members, and develops strategies to address key issues noted in assessment report.
- Assists with preparation, conducting, coordination, revision, maintenance, and distribution of product and project-related documentation, reports, collaboration agreements, memorandums, and other information required to transfer the project to other organizations and possible enter into a defense medical acquisition program if required.
- Assists project/program managers and research principal investigators (PIs) with writing, editing, proofing, organizing, revising, formatting, and producing research reports, proposals, and responses to develop medical products.
- Assists project/program managers with developing project plans, transition strategies, outlines, templates, schedules, metrics, and other pertinent materials and information to manage a project.
- May conduct training and provide briefings on medical product development processes and associated information.
What You’ll Need (required):
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, management, engineering, technical, or operational area.
- One (1) year of specialized experience supporting the management of medically-related research projects or project teams to include cost, schedule, performance, and quality measures, preferably within the last two (2) years.
- Five (5) years of related project management experience, preferably within the last six years.
- Intermediate+ experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.