Corporate FP&A Planning Manager
A key position in leading and managing Global Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) planning processes. Leading the strategic plan, annual operating plan, and quarterly forecasts by rationalizing inputs, consolidating data, and providing feedback. Develop strong relationships with members of all other departments but maintain an objective mind in evaluating their performance as a group. Work with Global FP&A teams by providing insights/metrics/reporting on financials. The candidate will play a critical role in the implementation of Oracle Cloud EPM – Planning/PBCS taking a hands-on leadership role designing and implementing short and long-term solutions. The position reports to SVP of Finance Operations. The position is in Houston though flexible.
In this role, you will…
- Lead the EPM Implementation
- Business gathering requirements
- Solutions selection and recommendation through exploratory meetings, solutions demonstrations, and ROI analysis
- Solutions Proposal development for phased implementation and project success
- Solutions design, configuration, integration, automation, customization, testing, and ongoing support
- Project management, progress reporting, and internal client relationship building
- Training development, training facilitation, and tool adoption assistance
- Ongoing support and business process refinement
- Ongoing relationship development and internal client satisfaction
- A new initiative and tools identification and development
- Training and on-going support
- Collaborate with leadership to the architect in scoping, designing, implementing, and delivering on all planning related activities for planning and budgeting purposes throughout the year
- Oversee the administration and be a subject matter expert for the planning system – Hyperion EPM, and be prepared to use other planning and reporting tools used at KBR including Costpoint and SAP ERP systems, SmartView, HFM EDM Consolidation, Workday, and Power BI tools to deliver forecasts
- Work closely with the Corporate BI team to ensure alignment on forecasting scenarios and consolidated financials for budgeting/forecasting cycles align with the planning tool
- Provide the global FP&A teams the necessary training content and classes for the financial tools used
- Continuously thrive to improve system processes, and build efficiencies through automation
- Lead the team with the design, build, and test of automated financial reports and models using various reporting tools
- Review the calendar and process for quarterly forecasts and annual operating plan to ensure clear communication of deliverables
- Participate in updating the monthly financial reporting package for senior management as needed
- Work with the Corporate FP&A team in providing support for delivering on BOD, Audit Committee, and all C-level financial presentations
Skills & abilities:
- Participation in at least 2 full planning cycles (budget and forecast) in a Corporate FP&A role
- Have an in-depth understanding of Oracle Cloud EPM – Planning/PBCS
- Identify, resolve, and escalate issues (when necessary) in a reasonable period of time.
- Develop clear and concise functional documentation
- Must be highly analytical with demonstrated experience in critical thinking and analytical problem-solving.
- Strong executive presence; articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Excellent project manager; highly organized; drives projects to completion; influences to achieve outcomes and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members across the organization; strong collaborator
- Strong knowledge of accounting required; CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge/understanding of government contracting is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Excel, Smart View, and PowerPoint required; the ability to extract relevant data and convert for analysis and communication is critical
- Previous experience with Oracle Hyperion implementation preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant field
- Six (6+) years of relevant experience in accounting, finance or FP&A
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.