Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
The selected applicant will provide cybersecurity support and a well-rounded system engineering approach in support of the design, development, and implementation of range instrumentation and distributed exercises for the Joint Mission Environment Test Capability (JMETC) as part of KBR’s team supporting the Test Resource Management Center (TRMC). Will work with military, government and contractor personnel to provide technical direction grounded in Department of Defense (DoD) policy, and act as a liaison between end users, application developers, and senior leadership within the DoD and across the Test and Evaluation community.
Applicants Duties include:
- Provide guidance to our distributed group of ISSMs, ISSEs WRT all functional aspects of their positions
- Documentation, Assessments, Self-Assessments, RMF packages, Patching, Reporting, Inspection Prep, Inspection follow-up, CCB, Incident Response, etc.
- Provide project direction to ISSEs for the design, implementation and operations of cybersecurity solutions and services
- Work directly with the Authorizing Official (AO) on all TRMC RMF packages and ATO Status updates
- Support security engineering projects and solution delivery.
- Lead security audit and compliance activities.
- Responsible for auditing all artifacts provided in each RMF package as well as conducting Red/Blue team tests to determine system readiness for their ATO packet submissions.
- Provide recommendations to the SISO, PM, and AO regarding remediation and mitigation of identified vulnerabilities on test reports and plan of action and milestones (POA&Ms).
- Monitor system status updates and report to senior leadership.
- Includes monthly executive reports, vulnerability reports, JFHQ DODIN reporting and briefing.
- Monthly eggxecutive briefing to AO, SISO, PM on security metrics
- Interface with PMs and SISO on issues needing input/concurrence
- Draft and present deliverables to senior leadership, including Security Assessment reports (SARs), Security Assessment Plans (SAPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), and Security Impact Analyses (SIAs)
- Attending Executive Program Reviews as the Senior Cybersecurity Control Assessor
- Work with outside agencies on Memorandums of Understanding / Interconnection Service Agreements, and other senior level agreements etc.
- Work directly out of the TRMC office (Alexandria, VA) inside the Mark Center once COVID restrictions are lifted. Ability to go into the Mark Center one day a week during COVID restrictions to check SIPR.
- Work directly with a distributed team to reduce travel
- 7+ years of Information Technology Information Assurance, or Cyber Security engineering experience, to include a strong grasp of networking principles.
- 5 years of experience in conducting security assessments by reviewing security controls with the ISSO/ISSM and guide programs through RMF process.
- Top Secret / SSBI clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT field experience considered, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Proven expertise with assessing security controls in accordance with NIST Special Publications (i.e.: NIST 800 Series)
- Proven in-depth knowledge of Cybersecurity principles technologies, and processes.
- Experience with NIST 800-53, Security Development, Cloud
- Familiarity with performing assessments within cloud environments
- Ability to adapt to process changes
- Ability to interface with senior leadership
- Ability to support high visibility or high priority projects
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- IAM Level III Certification per DoD 8570.01-M
- Travel post Covid at 25% of time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.