Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented VPIM Technician II to join our team in the Northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Vehicle Platform Integration Management (VPIM) Technician II performs all aspects of vehicle integration projects.
- The VPIM Technician II supports U.S. Department of State VPIM requirements for multiple overseas theaters / potentially high-threat environments.
- While primarily CONUS assigned, the VPIM Technician II may be required to travel to OCONUS theaters and rotate between multiple locations within each theater.
- The VPIM Technician II demonstrates and applies knowledge of the integration of ECM, CCR, MVS, and vehicle power and cooling upgrades through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- The VPIM Technician II demonstrates proficiency with the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the U.S. Department of State VPIM program.
- Must possess at least three (3) years of technical experience in the technical support for modern ECM systems, and/or CCR systems with the ability to integrate ECM, CCR, and MVS systems, and perform vehicle power and cooling upgrades.
- Must possess knowledge of radio frequency (RF) theory and principle, and the effects of CREW systems operating in an electronic countermeasures environment; experience planning vehicle movements, with vehicles equipped with CREW systems; understanding of insurgent Improvised Explosive (IED) emplacement tactics.
- Must be able to develop Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTP) for deploying vehicles equipped with CREW systems based on the national, local, and emerging Remote Controlled Improvised Explosive Device (RCIED) threat.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with ECM systems used by the U.S. Department of State, including the CREW-2 (Duke), EGON, and Symphony systems.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must have a current Secret security clearance.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required security clearance/access approvals.
- A Top Secret security clearance may be required to meet changing requirements.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training, or maintenance at diplomatic facilities.
- OCONUS travel may include critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Works on concrete shop floors and positions self inside vehicles to work in cramped and awkward positions.
- Moves equipment weighing up to 30 pounds across and/or around shop floors.
- Uses screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and other hand and power tools.
- Frequently works in warehouses, buildings and vehicles that may be hot, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted.
- Occasionally works outdoors in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.