GPMS: Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic (Contingency Hire)
GPMS Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic shall enable operations of United States Air Force (USAF) Global Prepositioned Materiel Services (GPMS) for United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)/Air Forces Africa (AFAFRICA) within the U.S. European Command (USEUCOM)/Africa Command (AFRICOM) Areas of Responsibility (AOR). The range of serves and support include storage, maintenance, out load, reconstitution, exercise, and contingency logistics support. In addition, responsibilities include maintenance and repair (M&R) of Government Furnished Facilities (GFF), Government Furnished Property (GFP), and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE). In some cases, maintenance and repair of GFF may include minor construction (MC) projects. GPMS materiel may include War Reserve Materiel (WRM), Deployable Air Base Systems (DABS), or other assets necessary to meet theater prepositioning requirements. The range of services is to ensure success and enable training exercises, theater contingencies, wartime operations, and other specified CCDM priorities. Other locations in the Continental United States (CONUS) or Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) may be included.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AGE and Inspects, tests, and operates AGE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications.
- Removes, disassembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls AGE accessories and components. Stencils and marks AGE.
- Services equipment with fuel, oil, coolant, water, hydraulic fluid, and air. Operates, cleans, inspects, and services AGE towing vehicles; maintains vehicle forms.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs AGE and evaluates and performs troubleshooting on AGE before assigning repair action.
- Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions. Prepares AGE for storage, shipment, and deployment.
- Uses automated maintenance system to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions.
- Maintains AGE external fuel and grounding systems. Performs battery serviceability checks.
- Stores, handles, uses, and disposes of hazardous material and waste according to local, state, federal, and host nation environmental standards.
- Establishes production controls and standards.
- Interprets and implements policy directives and instructions pertaining to maintenance, including environmentally safe maintenance practices.
- Inspects maintenance activities, evaluates resource use, and recommends corrective actions.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided. Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent and 6-9 years of experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate vehicles and equipment
- Completion of USAF AFSC 2A6X2 Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic or equivalent DOD MOS school HIGHLY Desired.
Familiar with following or trained on following:
- Correct malfunctions-Generator Sets A/M32A-86
- Generator Sets A/M32A-60, Floodlight Set FL-1D
- Self-Generating Nitrogen Servicing Cart
- Ground Heater NGH
- Bomb lift MJ-1 and Universal Hydraulic Test Stand.
- Service Universal Hydraulic Test Stand A/M27T-16
- Perform operational check Universal Hydraulic Test Stand A/M27T-16
- Candidate must also meet Theater requirements.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.