Description: As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, this position is responsible for the sustainment to include the identification and fixing of problems within existing systems, with the primary focus on NetApp and NetBackup support. The engineer will have a good background in the areas of backup/recovery, archival systems, disk arrays, virtual storage devices, and storage resource management software.
- Corporate backup and recovery, along with maintenance of backup infrastructure
- Sustain and support Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Network (SAN), and disk storage arrays.
- Monitor day-to-day operational backups
- Troubleshoot failures and correct problems
- Performance monitoring and application tuning
- Plan and coordinate application updates
- Strong background with NetApp filers, NetApp Clusters, and the Data ONTAP operating system
- Strong experience with corporate backup and recovery, using NetBackup, (Preferably with shared storage option and multiple media servers) - including upgrading and installing new servers. Includes Symantec OpsCenter (Reporting for NetBackup)
- Experience in maintaining a backup infrastructure, to include tuning and troubleshooting NetBackup systems
- Experience with Installation and configuration of backup clients, media servers, and SAN clients, along with an ability to perform upgrades, configuration management, and management of SAN devices. This includes experience with Fibre Channel tape units (particularly ACS units from StorageTek) and high-volume tape libraries
Basic Requirements for this position:
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 10%.
- Must be available for on-call support
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
Required Education & Related Experience:
- Either a Doctorate plus 1 year ,OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years, OR Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years is required
Required DoD 8570 Certification:
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.