Facilities Lead Deputy (Hard FM)
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
• Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software
• Operation of Service Desks
• Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
• Design & deliver a new Management Information System
• Technical & English Language Training
• Built Estate maintenance and upkeep
Core Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for the planning, control and management of building facilities and supporting infrastructure.
This can include and is not limited to management of the physical environment including repairs, working space availability, power: electrical & mechanical, UPS, battery backup, HVAC, fire prevention systems, domestic water supply and plumbing, access, landscaping, civils, waste management, pest control, janitorial services all in adherence to any applicable KSA or UK HS&E policies and regulations.
- Provides direct assistance as deputy to the lead and provides cover of the duties below during the lead’s absence when on leave, sick or on an ad hoc basis
- Manage and coordinate with KBR Tier 1 suppliers the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) programme from the Master Schedule
- Act as coordinating link between Regional Control Centre Service Desk (RCC SD), Suppliers, KBR O&M Team Leaders for resolving critical & minor incidents and other corrective maintenance raised as a change via new work service orders
- Write Scope of Works and submit requests for quote to suppliers for carrying out corrective maintenance and fulfilling requests under a new work service order
- Review supplier quotes in relation to value for money (materials purchased, labour required, quality, lead time, competition)
- Review method statements and risk assessments submitted by suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring Total Safety Task Instructions (TSTI1 & TSTI 2) are prepared for sites and tasks related to preventive and corrective maintenance
- Inspect sites and carry out verification checks on suppliers during or shortly after preventive and corrective maintenance activities
- Regular review and update of PPM work orders, incidents, changes, tasks – also referred to as “tickets” on Remedy ITSM tool
- Facilitate and schedule mandatory periodical electrical safety testing in accordance with SBC 401, along with associated escalation of any detected issues.
- Coordinate, follow up and escalate where required with suppliers and KBR management when implementation of corrective maintenance is likely to or has exceeded its target date for completion.
- Obtain certificate of practical completion from supplier once a job is finished and coordinate closure with the RCC NWSO team.
- Follow up on the actions resulting from any PPM verification or quality assurance audit reports, such that the relevant supplier complies with any actions identified as a result of any inspection.
- Ensure and review extant buildings and facilities HS&E and fire policies and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work with SACM ensuring site handbook documentation is reviewed and maintained periodically.
- Qualifications : Essential:
- Formal education or industry training in electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and inspections
- Formal education or industry training in air-conditioning maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and inspections
- Formal education or industry training in HS&E related activities
- Experience and Skills: Essential:
- Experience having worked in a facilities or estate management role, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has ability to multi-task, show initiative, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Demonstrates organisational and self-motivation skills
- Competent with the use of MS Office tools including: Excel; Outlook; Word; PowerPoint & Teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to follow direct instructions and orders from line management and work collaboratively with peers and team members
- Willing and able to work additional hours in order to fulfil customer requests on a frequent basis
- Helps to achieve the fulfilment of any other task approved by HofR, or manager senior, when necessary, deemed appropriate, and according to capability, which benefit KBR’s business
- Must have a valid, current driving licence from country of origin.
- Experience of having worked in a Managed Services organisation
- Has used BMC Remedy ITSM software or similar incident/change management tool
- Has knowledge of ITIL at the foundation level
- Experience of successfully working in Saudi Arabia in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
- Ability to read and write the Arabic language
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.