Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a Scrum Master / Agile Coach to join our team supporting the U.S. Marine Corps at the Pentagon.
In this role you will guide teams in Agile processes and practices, and provide training sessions that lead toward adoptions of Agile methodologies within customer organizations in support of Agile Operations across a diverse portfolio supporting our Marine Corps customer. We are seeking candidates with a high level of public speaking proficiency and the ability to express yourself both verbally and in writing to both customers and end users on technical issues. Experience in training others in Agile processes is preferred.
The Scrum Master should expect to facilitate Agile training sessions for participants within customer organizations to guide the adoption of Agile practices. In addition, the Scrum Master will be embedded within a government organization performing associated functions for the Agile team.
This position requires an ACTIVE DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Collaborate with people across wide levels and roles to educate on Agile principles, best practices, and tools to implement for improved workflows and successful product deliverables. This includes providing hands-on support to senior leaders, Scrum team members, and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for designing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile with designated customer organizations. This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and personnel education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
- Lead Agile transformation and successful execution of requirements to support product deliveries for supporting customer organizations.
- Identify organizational impediments for successful Agile transformation and work to effectively resolve them.
- Work with Product Owners and project stakeholders to ensure involvement in business decisions, translate business needs into product requirements and communicate requirements to the Scrum teams.
- Support Product Owners in communicating value, managing the backlog of features, and helping plan work with the Scrum team to break down work into achievable product deliveries.
- As assigned, act as the project coordinator for designated Information projects; assist the government project leadership with coordination, information flow, monitoring of task progress and other activities as directed in order to reduce risk to schedule and performance.
- Maintain backlog of prioritized features and work with team members to groom the backlog on a regular basis.
- Lead daily team Scrum stand-ups to facilitate work being actioned, identify risks, and remove team impediments.
- Lead Sprint planning, review, and retrospective sessions to provide direction and communicate value to Scrum teams, Product Owners, and project stakeholders.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement for implementing Agile tools and best practices.
- Support the Scrum team by eliminating outside distractors, removing blockers and impediments, and continually improving Agile processes.
- Track and report on task progress against established milestones for each Sprint.
- Ensure the Scrum team works in a transparent manner by implementing visual progress tracking in electronic and physical forms.
- Perform administrative functions within Agile project management tools, such as Jira, in support of customer requirements.
- Train Scrum teams on the use of select Agile tools and software.
- Conduct research for discovery on the latest Agile methodologies and Agile coaching strategies.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
Mandatory Required Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree +7 years’ experience, Associate's +9 years' experience, or High School Diploma +11 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Ability to work in an Agile, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development and metric values.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Knowledge on best practices for managing tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and user stories.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver high quality deliverables in committed time frames.
- Experience with supporting large interdisciplinary technical teams.
- Experience in requirements gathering, release and iteration planning, and user story estimations.
- Substantial experience planning, coordinating, and documenting project, and program schedules, activities, logistics, and associated administrative tasks.
- Extensive knowledge in leading analysis efforts on highly complex problems or mission specific operational problems, directing technical teams on operational and/or developmental projects throughout system life cycle (development of requirements to final delivery).
- Must have a deep understanding of program execution actions and artifacts, as well as supporting business process and corresponding methodologies and tools (e.g. PMI, Agile, etc.).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills, as well as the ability to lead others in a team-oriented environment, to include direct, professional engagement with the customer.
- Experience with Agile, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence or similar Task and Knowledge Management tools.
- Team building, group dynamics, and process training.
- Coaching techniques.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or similar Agile certification preferred.
- Agile coaching and Agile management support of development teams.
- Experience supporting USMC or DoD programs preferred.??
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.