The AZURE/AWS Cloud Architect must have experience in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments, specifically as an expert in AZURE/AWS cloud
services. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and
use of cloud based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
Performance shall include:
- Responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions
- Develop solutions for the strategy and processes which will be used by the AF to migrate AF applications and services to the AWS cloud
- Acts as the primary technical POC for the rest of the Marvel program on Cloud
- Architecture Team tasks and deliverables targeting the AWS cloud
- Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders
- Lead or support delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application and storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes, operations, and governance
- Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques
- 10+ years related experience
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience (6 years)
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Extensive hardware and preferably software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of deployment platforms
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems
- Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices
- Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.