General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
In support of a DoD customer, the Linux System Administrator will be proficient in IT Architecture using system engineering conventional, agile, or model based methodologies. The successful candidate will:
• Monitor system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
• Perform legacy and cloud O&M administration.
• Solve legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
• Maintain and develop a Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Environment (RHEV).
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for new server builds.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems with AIX, HP-UX and Redhat servers.
• Provide escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
• Write custom start scripts for various applications.
• Evaluate and implement potential new tools and technologies.
• Work on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
• Investigate and respond to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
• Perform hardware maintenance/repair activities.
• Ensure proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities
- Mandatory Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Experience managing legacy Linux servers and cloud resources.
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least two of the following- Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc.)
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
-BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experienceWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.