Network/Sys Admin I: The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Provide technical guidance
- 1 - 7 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2010, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, and, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to A&A
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.