General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Technical SCRUM Master in the Dayton, Ohio area. We will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution that enables and integrates the program’s complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the program’s lifecycle.
- Organize and facilitate SCRUM ceremonies: daily standups, Sprint Planning/Grooming, Sprint Reviews/Demos, and Retrospectives
- Maintain JIRA and other information radiators for the teams
- Mentor and coach team members on core Agile values, principles, practices, and processes
- Enable team to become self-organizing and self-managing to achieve its goals
- Motivate teams to perform and ensure team members are collectively responsible for all aspects of the committed work (analysis, development, testing, documentation, etc.)
- Identify, address, and communicate project risks, dependencies, and team impediments
- Ensure the team’s “definition of done” is well defined on the story, sprint, and release levels
- Facilitate productivity through discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Shield the team from external interferences
- Assist with internal and external communication, and improving transparency
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on problem solving
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Coach a continuous improvement mindset and recommend adjustments to established delivery practices
Participate in Scrum of Scrum meetings to ensure cross-team collaboration and coordination of release plans and integration of testing activities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including customers
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’ degree plus 5 years’ experience or equivalent work experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM and/or PMI-ACP)
- Experience managing projects following Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, and SAFe
- Experience managing multi-system projects and self-organized, cross-functional project teams in a matrixed environment
#Defense #kmp #USAF #scrummaster #remote #WARHAWK #Dayton #Ohio
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.