Special Operations Certified Athletic Trainer (Kelley Barracks-Stuttgart, Germany)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE.
This position is located in the Patch Barracks in Stuttgart, Germany.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Certified Athletic Trainer will provide and facilitate injury prevention, basic acute care, effective rehabilitative care, performance enhancement and provide services in support of POTFF’s Human Performance program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide HP services within the ATC’s scope of practice as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
- Design and fabricate protective pads, equipment and braces to help prevent and treat injuries, including the use of taping techniques within the ATC’s scope of practice.
- Provide instruction and guidance within the ATC’s scope of practice.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement. Should a meeting occur outside of regular working hours, the ATC is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated at the meeting.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine, rehabilitation, and bridging.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Collaborate throughout the HP program to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure HP stays current with the provision of care.
- Participate in quarterly peer (record) reviews for non-privileged healthcare providers.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all Human Performance Training Centers (HPTCs).
- Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans. Submit input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contributes to a safe working environment.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Perform clinical and administrative tasks as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Document care provided, work performed, utilization, referrals, and all other information in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the ATC position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Maintain 100% compliance with local mandatory command training requirements
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Proficiently utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- This position requires a Secret Clearance or Top Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training.
- NATABOC certified.
- Possess and maintain current certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), or shall obtain the certification within the first year of employment.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted license from one of the 50 United States or its territories and maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF where applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) as an ATC with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings. Paid full-time experience as a Government civilian or contract employee at US Army and/or Marine Corps Infantry Units, may be counted towards minimum qualification requirements, provided this experience was gained within the most recent, continuous 3 years, as a directly embedded staff member, on-site with respective Army and/or Marine Corp entities.
- Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 25 kilograms.
- Master's degree in Athletic Training.
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Experience in the field of strength and conditioning.
Standard Company Requirements:
- Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.