AFPSL: IR Journeyman Technician
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our Metrology Technicians Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them. Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective. Perform complex maintenance and repair work on equipment to include the following responsibilities / duties.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
Please Note: Position is contingent upon contract award.
- Independently calibrates instruments to meet established conformance and industry standards.
- Tests instrument accuracy and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Calculates measurement uncertainty on necessary parameters as required.
- Participates in the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation process.
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Provides advanced technical and instrumentation equipment repair work, troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic, physical dimensional, or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Performs work safely, incompliant to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintains records of test data and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Undergraduate degree or applicable Technical training and certifications with a minimum 10 years’ experience.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 experience
- AFMETCAL experience preferred
- USAF TO 00-20-14 experience
- Primary standards calibration preferred
- Military PMEL experience
- Automated calibration software preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in IR calibrations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.